Tuesday, June 22, 2010

May 10, 2010

Hello everyone,

Ok so I talked to you last night and it was amazing I am so very very grateful that I was able to hear your voices and hear how everyone was doing. Katie I hope that you start to feel better soon. It is raining again here in Madison, Tennessee I don't think we really need the rain but for some reason it has decided to rain again. I hope that it won’t get to bad. But anyway...

We have had some great service projects this past weekend. We were able to help a family (non members) who lost their whole house to water. The water was all the way up to the top all you could see was the roof. So Saturday we went and took everything out of the house and piled it up on the side of the street. The whole street just had wet things that could not be saved lined up just waiting for a garbage truck to come. The family was taking it well and was in good spirits considering that they had nothing left just the clothes on their backs. It was a great experience for me and to just be thankful for the things that I have. Our little branch was there helping as well and then the next day the husband of the family we helped came to church. He seemed really excited to learn and was just marking everything in the Book of Mormon. He seems really receptive and we have another appointment to teach him more so we will see how things turn out. Service is amazing... if you can find someone to serve. It is also important to let others serve you as well. Don't with-hold the blessings from others.

Jesus (who we have a baptism date with) is doing... well we are not really sure he has not returned our phone calls and we can't find him at his house. He didn’t come to church yesterday so we are going to need to re set his date for another day. I am not really sure what has happened but we will find him and see what happened. I know that the lord will prepare a way Jesus is so ready to be baptized something just came up and he will just wait a little bit more and then he will get baptized.

We have another couple who are so funny they are Jose Luis and Maria (from Mexico) they are both in their 50's or around there and we met them in Wal-Mart our first day here and we have been teaching them ever since. They are a super fun couple. Yesterday they came to CHURCH!!!!! It was there first time but they seemed to really love it. They are so good and we are hoping to set a date with them this week. They just keep saying that they want more time but we are going to teach them a little more about what the work FAITH means and how we need to put our actions with it or it doesn't mean anything.

Well know that I am doing well, I love every day that I have to be a missionary and wish that it didn't go by so fast It is hard to think that today is my 11 month mark. The time really does fly by when you are having fun. I love you all tons and tons. Have a great week and I will talk to you all later. Remember that someone in Madison, Tennessee loves you.

Love