Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 4, 2010

Family,

One little Tornado and some flooding and the whole town shuts down....who does that!!!! I am here and I am doing well. We did have some great weather this past weekend...so great that the Library was closed yesterday so I could not write. But I am here now and will fill you in on what went on.

Saturday it was raining all day and so around 4 they told us to get in our apt and stay there until further notice. Well then on Sunday morning Hna Bounds and I woke up at 5:30 to the sounds of Tornado sirens going off warning us that there was a tornado. So we made a few phone calls to find out if that was really what it was because we had not heard them before and we were told that yes that is what it was and that we needed to stay in our apt (which is on the 3rd floor- not a good idea). So we did. The whole mission had horrible weather so we were all in our apt, church was canceled and we were in until 7 that night talk about boring!!!!!! But I guess we had a tornado that hit and it was just about 7 miles from our apt. Cool huh!!!! There is a lot of flooding and a lot of homes that did not get so lucky but all the missionaries are ok and doing well. We had a swimming pool (a good sized one) out side our apt that was pretty cool but we were up high enough that it didn’t get us. We went to an apt complex yesterday and we saw some houses where it was all the way up to their doors. So we saw people walking out of there homes walking through water that was up to there chests and holding there belongings above there heads. It was sad to see but just happy that we are all safe and that there was not anything worse.

Gladys Knight was canceled so that is a sad sad story she could not get a flight in and then all the freeways are flooded so her crew could not make it by car so they just had to cancel everything. Very sad but what can you do about Mother Nature. So we just move on and have one more night to find more investigators to share the gospel with. Yippy!!!!
Our baptism dates are still doing well and progressing. Jesus asked us the other day is it ok if my friend baptizes me (he is a member- that is how we found him) we told him yes that was great so he is excited for his baptism. We really have found some great new people to teach. We just need to keep finding. I am happy to hear all the happy news from everyone at home. That is exciting thanks mom for the updates.

Well I love you all hope you have a great great week and I will talk to you soon. Know that I love you and that you are in my prayers all the time. Thanks for all that you do for me.

Love