Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nov. 16, 2009

Hey,

Ok so, I will recap the week for you with all the major events....

1. We had Zone conference and Elder Arnold from the First Quorum of the Seventy came and talked to us. It was really good. He is amazing and taught us all tons of stuff that would really help us in our work here. The spirit was so strong and you could just tell that this was the work of the Lord. I learned tons of things that I need to do to improve myself as a missionary.

2. We had a BAPTISM!!!! Rudolfo was baptized and confirmed a member of the church this weekend (baptized on 14th and confirmed on 15th). He is so good and is excited about everything the gospel has for him. He is an amazing member. Rudolfo’s baptism is sister DeMartini's and my first and last baptism together.

3. Sunday We set a baptism date with Juan Garcia for the 29th of this month. Really he set his own date. We were teaching the plan of salvation and we made half way through and he said "I want to be baptized into your church what do I have to do" wow wow wow! We were like ok great we are here to teach you everything you need to know. So we finished a lesson with him and set the date. Yeah!!!! He is a man about in his 40's and will make a great addition to the ward and church.

4. Sister DeMartini and I have 2 days left together. She is leaving for Argentina on Wednesday. So today, our p-day, is a day full of packing.....again. I don't like packing! Anyway, she leaves Wednesday and I leave the same day to go work with another Sister whose companion is also leaving for Argentina. Sister Casca will be my new comp (she is from Mexico and super fun) I will still be in the same ward just not in the same area. However, I think that the president is going to have us work both areas because in December when we get new sisters he will split us up again and we will go back to our old areas. So that is good. I really like my area and I don't want to leave but you do what you got to do, right? I love the Lianares family they are so fun and help us a ton so I don't want to leave them but I will see them every Sunday.

5. Thank you everyone for all the letters and e-mails I love to hear how everyone is doing. I don’t know if I will have time to write a letter this week, sorry. These past 3 p-days have been very crazy and I don't have time to write because I am packing and trying to shuffle things around. So I am sorry about that. I do hope you know that I love you all very much.

Well I need to go, sorry this is super short but they time you on these computers and I don't have much time left. I love you all hope you are doing great and getting ready for Thanksgiving. It should be fun to see what I will be doing, on that day. As of now I don’t know.

Love you