Monday, October 26, 2009

Oct 26, 2009

Hello everyone,

Well it was a great Saturday not only because Kameron and Eric both got married but as I said we would try and set a baptism date well WE DID we set 2 for the 14th of November. Also earlier in the week we set 2 so we have a total of 4 dates for the 14 of November.

Julieta and her daughter Sira, along with Gloria and her son Jose. Julieta also has another son who is 11 and we are going to try and set a date with him. Julieta and Gloria are sister-in laws. This Sunday the mothers could not go to church but we made sure the kids got there. They really liked it and so hopefully their excitement will rub off on the mothers. So Yeah for them! Alfredo, who has a date for this Saturday, has stopped smoking. WE had a really good lesson with him about the word of wisdom and how every time he was smoking it was a sin and he needed to stop. He has and is on track, BUT his wife is not helping us. He told his wife, who is in MEXICO, he was getting baptized and she is mad and doesn’t want him to. He doesn’t want to go against his wife, so right now we don't know what we are going to do. We are praying that she will come around.

The work is good and we are trying to find new areas to track. This week the elders told us about a tailor park that they found so we went to go check it out....Wow is all I have to say. It had about 10 trailers and a lot of them looked like the ones out in the desert by our barn. Well there were about 6 Spanish men outside by a fire and cutting up meat to cook and drinking beer. So we went to talk to them. They were not interested but we tried.

Let me tell you I don't think I have been asked... are you married, do you have a boyfriend, or do you want a Boyfriend, more then I have on that occasion. I just smiled and said I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints would you like to come to church. Great times great times. Don't worry mom I am safe and I wont be getting married.

Ok on to answering your questions… The singing group is over but they are doing a Christmas program and I am in that so I am still singing. We are still trying to teach English classes but not very many people come. We need to advertise it better. We are going to work on that. The only problem is, is there is a lot of places that teach English classes.

OH today I had the elders help me put my bike together because I wanted it together. Well it looks good except I can't ride it. The front tire does not work right. It does not spin straight so I am going to have to take it to a bike shop and have them look at it. Also it didn't even come with a kick stand. How rude! But don't worry I will get it figured out. I will hopefully use it during my mission. I want to! Hopefully someday… soon.

Mom as for my box… Transfers are on the 2 of November so keep that in mind as you get ready to send it. Also in my drawer in my room are my little no show socks (booty socks). I have a black, brown, tan, will you send those. I can wear them over my nylons and they will keep the feet a little warmer. Thanks!

Happy to hear the Chris is doing well we have people that run from us too. So he is not alone. Oh and I knew the package was from the girls so thanks. Tell George I say Hola and thanks for the birthday wishes. I Hope he and his family are doing well. Jesus and Angle as well tell them hi.

You said you wanted Christmas ideas....well music in Spanish would be great. Like the hymns or just church music in Spanish. I think it would help me a lot. I will try and think of other stuff. Ok well my time is coming to a close I hope everyone is doing great and that you have a great HALLOWEEN!!!! Dad good luck with the corn and getting everything ready for winter. The weather here is weird. It is freezing cold one day then warm the next but it is getting colder. Love you all and thanks for everything

Love