Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 24, 2009

Hello Everyone,
*
Ok so I have a ton to fill you in on so I will just get down to it.....First we had two baptisms this week :) Maria and Conchi were baptized and we had a man (Edgar) who was baptized 3 weeks ago baptize them. So it was really special because it was the first time that he got to use his priesthood and the other two became members of the Church!! It was a really special day and the spirit was so strong. Also we thought that it would be nice to have a musical number so sister Ethington said oh Hna Hegerhorst and I can sing. So I said ok so we sang I know that my Redeemer lives, in Spanish. It went really good and we got a lot of compliments. So that was Saturday and then on Sunday we are on our way to church and the bishop calls and says oh I loved your song so much yesterday I want you to sing in sacrament meeting. *smile* Wow ok so at the last moment we sang in sacrament meeting as well. What a weekend. It was good but as always I get nervous and shake but we got a lot of compliments, the spirit really helped. Anyway the baptisms were great. We are hoping to have another on this weekend for Elda. We have a date set (29th of Aug) but she was a little shaky with it so we are going to make it stronger this weekend.
*
Oh on the subject of singing. This is Nashville right so it is the town of singing right? RIGHT!!! We the mission does this thing called Song of the Savior. They do performances for wards and they are supposed to bring their less actives and friends. Well they have 6 missionaries do it and they do it in English and Spanish. I am not really sure on the details. I just know that when I first got here they had us fill out a paper that said our musical ability and I put I only sing in the shower (ok not really but I put that I had no musical training I just do it for fun) Well they need Spanish and since there is only 5 of us and I am one of the ones that has an ok voice (my companions tested it she said ok sing this and wow your voice it good). So in other words Yep I get to do it because they don't have any other options *smile* I don't know what they are thinking. It is a choir of six, three Elders and three Sisters. So I have to learn all the songs in Spanish and English and there is talking parts in between describing Christ and the Church that I have to learn those parts to (but it should help me with my Spanish, I hope). PRAY FOR ME!!! I guess I came to Nashville to work on my voice as well as share the gospel.
*
Oh and also because it is Nashville there are famous people right? RIGHT!!! Well I haven’t really met a ton I only met Jason Deere who writes a lot of songs for a tons of big country singers and he wrote A Nashville Tribute. We had a concert last night for our ward and for investigators. I got a picture with him so I will send it home. He is super nice.
*
I got my PACKAGE!!!!! Thanks it was super nice of you. I loved it mom. You and Margie have some pretty good ideas. My companions hate me because I get like a letter every other day and like two packages. They said they want to kick me out. Ha Ha Ha They said I hate Greenies because they get tons of mail. Keep them coming I love mail. Please don't stop even when I only have a month left. Mail is IMPORTANT!!! They were ok when I gave them muddy buddies. Oh but I don't have anything to listen to the tape with so I will look at Good Will here and see if I can find one. But thanks a million!
*
My Spanish is coming. It is really slow but it is coming. I asked my companions to only speak Spanish to me and they correct me a ton so that is helping. We found a new investigator this week Jose Louis he is 18 and we met him on Friday taught him a first he came to the baptism on Saturday, Church on Sunday and then the Jason Deere concert so he seems really interested. We will see where that leads us.
*
Mom as for blankets. My dog one and my little blue on that looks like a comforter I think it is on my bed. It is a feather one, just those two for now I think. Also I think I will want both coats so send them both. Thanks! I have the best family. Oh and I took a picture with my president and his wife and so they said they would send them out. But just know that I am alive doing well and miss you tons and love you tons more. Dad I love you please don't over work yourself. Have a great week and know that I am thinking of you. Oh and keep a smile on that face! Katie I need a favor. Do you have the piano music for Come thou Fount. I have a companion that would really like it could you make a copy of it and send it to me please. Thanks you are the best. Oh and I hope Rupert has a great birthday. Good luck with school I love you tons. Margie good luck with school today!!! You will do amazing. Know that I am thinking of you. I hope you had a great birthday. Tell the Hoyts hello. I love you tons sis. Becky and Stewart I am happy to hear you are having fun. Your callings sound good and fun. Good luck with the studies, Stewart and Becky good luck with finding a job. I am praying for you.
*
Everyone else, I love you! Thanks for all the letters please keep them coming. The mission is amazing the spirit is strong. This is the Lords Church. We are his sons and daughters. Hope you are all doing well
*
Love you all tons
*
*
PICTURES-

Conchi and Maria’s baptism. Edgar(performed the baptism), Conchi, Maria with her two kids Fernando and Paula, and then Hna Ethington, me, Munoz.

My Companions: Me, Munoz, and Ethington.

Jason Deere (singer/song writer in the ward), and me


This picture is outside someone’s house. (Dad I thought you would have appreciation for this, it reminded me of you and how you would weld things for us at your shop... good times).