Thursday, April 8, 2010

March 22, 2010

HEY FAMILY!!!!!

Can you tell that I am excited!!! I really don't know why I think it has something to do with I am a Missionary and to make it even better I am a Mormon Missionary :) How much better could things get than that. Ok well I will fill you in on a little of what happened to me this week.

It was the same old same old tracking and finding people to teach and having people tell us no not interested or yes you can come back and then they are not there but that was ok. We moved on and kept going. We still have not found anyone but we still have Mayra :)
Mayra is amazing she is 21 and has two little boys and her boyfriend. She is from Puerto Rico so she speaks great English and Spanish. So we teach her in Spanglish :). But anyway we set a baptism date with her for the 4th of APRIL (Easter and Becky birthday and General Conference). But wait it gets better....we were teaching her about all the things you need to know like the law of chastity and guess what yep we set a wedding date for the 2nd of April (Stewarts Birthday) Yeah!!!!!! So we get to plan a wedding and a baptism and have Easter and get spiritually fed by conference. I am so excited and praying so hard that everything works out smooth and good :) PRAY FOR THAT TOO PLEASE!!!! But she is great- we are hoping to start teaching her boyfriend but he is in New York right now but is coming back this week. So we have not even met him yet but he is set for the wedding. So GREAT!!! So right now she is our light that helps us keep going. Well besides Mayra not much else exciting happened except that I have had a few near sudden death experiences.....

First- There we were and I was getting into the car so the elders could go and drop us off somewhere because it was there time for the car and our turn to walk (I really so LOVE WALKING it helps me think) Well i am getting into the car and the door comes back and slams my left foot in it before I could get it all the way in. wow it really hurt so I walked the rest of the night with it hurting and I have a really good sized bruise on it. OK so this happened Saturday.

Second- Sunday I wake up and my foot is a little better does not hurt as much but still a huge bruise...ok I can live with is no big deal. I look outside and it is raining a little but not to bad. Get ready do my studies and then it is time to set off to walk and get investigators for Church. Yeah!!! I get my umbrella (GREAT CHOICE) and we are off. We are walking and it starts to rain harder and i come to find out I should have warn different shoes. But too late now my feet are drenched but I am happy because I am a missionary and I love rain. Well we go to an apartment complex and I am walking down some stairs and what do I do....Yep down I go................. so now I have a pretty good bruise on my back and on my right arm. Hurt I am not going to lie but I got up laughed it off and we kept going (my companion was like are you ok and I was just laughing and she thought I was weird but it was either laugh or something else so I laughed). Needless so say the people in that apt complex that we went to get to church didn’t come but that is ok Mayra came to church. :)

Third- Monday (today) well they say everything happens in three so this is the third day and I am waiting for what is coming. I am hoping nothing but we will wait and see. I will let you know if anything big happens.

But over all it was a great great week. I loved it and we did have many miracles. I went to the TEMPLE and that was great I needed that. I am happy to hear that you are all doing well. I want you to know that the church is so true. This lord is with us everyday even if we slam our foot in the door or fall down a bunch of stairs. His hand is in our lives we just have to look for it and look for the miracles everyday because they are there. I love you all so very much. Have a great week and I will fill you in with more news next week.

Love