Thursday, April 8, 2010

March 29, 2010

Hello Everyone,

I just want everyone to know that today is a great day. I woke up this morning like I do every morning but to day I was just extra happy to be a missionary. It is a great day with great things in store but I just wanted everyone to know how great it is to be a missionary of the restored TRUE church.

Ok so now I will go on with my life. Things are going good just the usual. My week was not full of exciting stories like last week, but it was still good. :) Mayra our wedding and baptism date is doing AMAZING. We have been seeing her everyday and she is just progressing and doing so well. We are trying to help her get everything ready for her wedding and her baptism for this weekend. Can I just tell you planning a wedding is hard and I think even harder when you are a missionary and have so much other things that you have to do. But it is fun!!!! It will be simple but good. Her boyfriend gets home on Wednesday we will get the wedding license on Thursday and they get married on Friday. a week full of great and exciting things. But she has already had her baptism interview and she got a blessing to help her get through this last week before her baptism and it was a beautiful blessing. She really is an amazing person. We had a lesson with her the other day and we asked her how she was doing with not smoking or drinking coffee. She said not good. Oh No I thought so I asked her ok how much have you drank or smoked she said. Nothing it is just so hard. She has so much faith and she is so Strong. She is going to make a great addition to the church. We are excited to meet Omar and start teaching him. Mayra talks to him on the phone and pretty much teaches him what we teach her. She read him the Family Proclamation to the world over the phone. It is GREAT!!!!

Yesterday was Sunday and Hna Taft and I were really tired so we stayed in and took a Nap....NOT what kind of missionary do you think I am hahahaha... No we went out and were going to a recent converts house to see her and see how she was doing, well she was not home so we came out sat on some stairs and were just so tired that we didn't want to move and it was 8:30 at night. But then we heard some Spanish music and Hna Taft said I bet they are Hispanic..... yep I said.... she said we should probably knock the door or we will just wonder so we both got up really slowly knocked the door and a lady answered we did our door approach thing and she said sure come on in. We started the lesson told her that through this lesson she would have the desire to be baptized and she said Good, (that is not an answer you get everyday) so we went on with the lesson taught her a 1st then we both felt that she needed a baptism date so we extended a date to her for the 24th of April and she said YES what do I need to do (again not an answer you get everyday). But wait the story gets better. She has an 8 year old daughter so what did we do yep we set a date with her daughter as well. So we now have 2 baptism dates for the 24 of April. Her name is Olivia and she is great her daughters name is Jessica. She also has another little girl who is a year old and she has one more on the way. But she just separated from her husband about 4 months ago so she is a single mom right now. They are both great. So after the lesson ended at 9:00 we started walking for home but now with an extra boost of energy and we made it home by 9:30 and then got ready for bed. It was a great way to end the week and the day.

So my week was great things are moving forward.....wish us luck with the wedding this week everything else. I am so excited for Easter and General conference. The baptism will be in-between conference sessions on Sunday so you can be thinking of us as you eat. Have a happy Easter and enjoy General conference I know I will.

Love you all