Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 13, 2009

Dear Family
*
So I was given some time off to do some laundry and other stuff so I decided to write you a better letter than I did before. My real P-day is not until Friday so that is when I will be able to set up my e-mail so you will have to wait until then. I all ready told you about my companion so I won't go into that again.
My teachers that help me to learn Spanish is not the same one that I took lessons with Dan this summer on the phone but I do have some real good ones. They are Brother Osung, Sister Lovejoy, and Sister Waterson. They are all really helpful. We have already started everything.
*
We got to bare our testimonies in Spanish to some Elders who were from Chile and Mexico who were learning English. That was a little intimidating but I made it through it and lived. Also they have had us teach the first lesson all ready. However we got to do that in English because we don't know enough Spanish. On Wednesday the 17th we get to give the first lesson again but we have to introduce ourselves and get in the door in Spanish. We are moving right along. They are pushing me out of my comfort zone but I will make it. My teacher said that those who don't worry about making a fool of themselves learn the language a lot faster and better. So I guess I will try and make a fool of myself a lot so I can learn.
*
My other roommates are out of quarantine and they are fine now. I think I am doing good with everything the food is good like they say but don't worry I have only had one glass of O.J. ha ha ha!! I found all of your letters you put in my luggage but I have had a hard time trying to read them because they don't leave you any time. Thanks for the words of encouragement I need all of them.
*
My district is good we are all going different places. Four to Ecuador, 2 to Canada, 1 to SLC, Washington Las Vegas, Oklahoma, Missouri and me to Nashville. There are 12 of us all together 4 Hermanas, 8 Elders. Let me just tell you that you can tell the Elders are 19, they act like it but don't you worry we will whip them into shape!!!
*
Well I am running out of things to say so I shall write to you all later. I talked to my branch President about being able to visit with Margie and he told me to talk to this other person so I will do that on Sunday. Miss you all and Love you Tonz and Tonz!!!
*
Love
Hermana Emily Hegerhorst